Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

A Smashing Weekend

The poor quality image above is a shot of hordes of nerds lining up to receive their copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl at midnight this weekend. It was delayed multiple times, although not as much as Spore or Duke Nukem Forever have been, and this was probably the biggest video game launch since Halo 3. It was kind of a big deal. I was pretty apathetic about the whole thing (I would have been much more enthused about it if it had more exciting title like Brouhaha), but it gave me an opportunity to visit some friends, although not as many as I would have liked, and check out Eugene a bit and all the whatnot. And you know, I learned some things this weekend. I don't know if I will enumerate now since I've had less than eight hours of sleep for the last three days. But I am certainly not a hardcore gamer, although I did rock Risk pretty hard, but not Rock Band. I knew like three songs on that; I was pretty embarrassed for myself.



Next, a few pictures I took at a McDonald's we stopped at on our way back. This particular one was in Salem, while I don't visit many in this franchise, this one was a little different than any other I had ever been too. First is this kiosk in the play area. It had several video game systems set up running different games (see above). I felt weird being in there, so I didn't stay long but they looked to have approximately four Nintendo 64s. I never saw any children go near them, but I saw a parent play a skateboarding game. I found this interesting. I also found this creepy ass-mural and Ronald statue (see below). Ronald is feeding baiting a deer with what looks to be lettuce from a burger, perhaps the same one his pirate friend is fishing with, or did he just catch it? I'm not certain. Certainly, It's a very confusing image although I greatly enjoy the look of horror on the anthropomorphic hamburger's face. I can't remember the names of Ronald's friends, although the koosh ball ones remind me a great deal of Number/Word Munchers.



Of course, there is much more I could say about this weekend, but I've quite tired and I have a paper I need to edit. Fun times.

Blog Archive