Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Editing

I think i'm doing some good work here, and I didn't want to lose this passage that I've decided doesn't really need to go in this essay:

I’m not sure what, if any relationship there is between my temper and my ADHD. It’s a fuzzy line there, knowing what is what about me. It was an issue though; I once threw a pencil sharpener in class when it wasn’t sharpening my pencil correctly. It was very frustrating. They agreed to buy me a furby when they eventually took me to a shrink for my “anger issues”. Or whatever. They later said it was a waste of time and money. Damn right.

They’ve tried to appease us at every turn. I got a new Lego ship when my little sister was born. I don’t know if the therapy did anymore than make me feel completely ashamed of myself. This, coupled with the painful experiences of adolescence, intensified by a pregnant mother, has taught me to bottle and avoid conflicts pretty well. But I’m sure these things happen to all kinds of people; I don’t want to be alone in this.

No comments: