Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Danger! Risk! Head!

My family never finished reading that essay I wrote, probably for the best. They were in it. They won't mind if they never know. That's why writing about the dead and nature is so much easier, they don't care. It's quite fitting that they couldn't stay with it long enough to finish, or start, from my last hearing of them. But oh well.

There was a lot I left out. Many insights came to me after I had finished, some that should not have been shared in the essay. Other things I purposely left out. Will I redo it? Perhaps someday, I don't want to touch it now. I don't have enough to add and it's not worth fussing.
Have you ever noticed those people that speak with N's? Everything has an N to it. Words begin, end, and are spaced with the consonant N. Its like that hum your computer's fan makes, but with the letter N. Its hard to tell its Stark if they speak fast enough. Mike is a groaner. He groans. Sometimes he grunts. He always sounds like whatever he is doing is a labor to him. It may well be, if my greatest joys in life were the collection of anime series (he has the complete saber marionette collection now! all 7 seasons or something!), then I would probably groan alot too. When Jon needed to rotate his laundry last night, he needed to return Mike's, I told him to wake him up by snapping; it worked. Then we hid the remote. He spent an hour and a half yesterday freaking out when he couldn't find it. That's where we got the idea to hide it. It's in the lamp shade now. He claims to have been turned down by 3 girls this week "because they all had boyfriends". If he asked me out, I'd have a boyfriend too.

I got a hair cut tonight. I don't think it looks good. I don't want it to look good. I already have someone, why advertise with a haircut? It's all about the testing-facists. Long hair is of the devil. It's right up there with flip-flops on the road to hell. I don't think it was bad before, quite conservative for anywhere else, but you know, we are a peculiar people. Even more so because we take pride in it. I probably made a mess with it, but whatever; it was free. I like semi-colons; I think they are the puncuation that best expresses the fluid transition of my thoughts. He only used a razor, those that rattle your skull. I don't know how I feel about that, but it was probably the safest bet. But what do I care? I rarely have to view my own hair.

Seriously, sometimes he sounds like he's just freaking constipated.

No comments: