Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Impulses

I just saw an advert on the telly for a clinical research trial involving children with ADHD. Usually I find such ads disgusting, as most reminders tend to, but this one made me laugh. It had listed one of the possible symptoms as "excessive talking," something I discovered in myself, to my horror, at around age 10 chatting my father up on a father-son excursion. Poor guy. Perhaps the joke would be better if you knew my brother, who professes that he was "born to talk," and earned the nickname just yesterday "Chatty Catty". Yes, I know it was a doll named Cathy, or Kathy, whatever, but Cathy does not go MEOW when he won't stop talking, a cat will.

I've also noticed recently how impulsive I am. Perhaps it has always been a latent quality, or one renewed by this venture, but I never observed it until recently when I was fervently typing text messages into my phone that it took a great deal of effort to not send to no one in particular who would enjoy them. They existed because I felt they should, not that they revealed some great desire, just some little desire. I don't know what I'm saying. And my computer is lagging on the type display so I suppose I should stop. I should stop Torrenting too, but its rather addictive as well.

*Something philosophical about the natures of dreams*


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: