Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Monday, February 19, 2007

The Line


I'll admit I like to walk the line. But where is it? You can only tell by where it slopes off. I was reading the wikipedia, and after a long series of events, I found this gem:

"The worst sinners, according to Jesus, are not the harlots and publicans, but the religious leaders with their insistence on proper dress and grooming, their careful observance of all the rules, their precious concern for status symbols, their strict legality, their pious patriotism... the haircut becomes the test of virtue in a world where Satan deceives and rules by appearances." -Hugh Nibley, professor at BYU.

Not anymore, he's dead, but I still like it.

I find the lists of ex-mormons and former latter-day saints very interesting. Apparently Ted Bundy converted. The articles are not limited to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but rather the entire latter-day saint movement. I'm pretty sure these sorts of readings would not be looked upon kindly. I believe that if the religion is true, it should stand on its own merits, critically. But those critics are often silenced; I just read the wikipedia article on the September Six. Sometimes this sect seems slightly shaky, and more than seldom secretive. I wonder what's in that Church Handbook of Instructions they give to Bishops...

Also: The Onion continues to be amazing. Or as Jon keeps saying, "amazin'" LEAVING OFF THE 'G' WHEN HE QUOTES THAT STUPID HEAD-ON COMMERCIAL WHERE THE BLACK MAN SAYS, "I CAN'T STAND YOUR COMMERCIAL BUT YOUR PRODUCT IS AMAZING." BUT HE KEEPS LEAVING OFF THE 'G'!! ONE DAY I AM JUST GOING TO FLIP OUT AND SCREAM AT HIM: THERE'S A G YOU!! THERE'S A FREAKING G!! DON'T SAY YOU'RE "SAURRY" AND JUST GO BACK TO YOUR FREAKING HIPPY-LAND YOU QUEER!!!! I say that last thing because he doesn't think that Lacey Chabert is hot. What gives?

I've also includes a little screen grab from her wiki-entry that may not be there for much longer. I believe it pretty easily demonstrates the inherent awesomeness of Wikipedia: anyone can edit and anyone can be awesome.

No comments: