Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More

I could always be more selfish. It is the natural thing to do--- to look out for yourself. Is there something wrong with self-promotion, self-protection? Why should I choose to act unselfishly if they have no guarantee in advance that others in the world will not act selfishly? If I act selfish, could it be as simple as self-protection in a world where others do the same? I will cooperate for the benefit of a mutual group, but I will not go around joining random pick-up groups and accept blind invites. I want guarantees in a world where there is no such thing as altruism. It's a myth. I refuse to crucify myself. I'm not going to pretend to be something I'm not.

So there. Got that off my chest. I'm not only selfish, I'm defensive.

Furthermore, levity always helps diffuse an awkward situation and is sometimes necessary. It builds character, in a way. I make no apologies, no regrets. If you are ever captured for leading a ragtag group of freedom fighters, or whatever your situation may be, I highly recommend the line "I HAVE NO REGRETS!!!" shouted full force. It'll really inspire the troops. Or whatever. It's cool.

Call me a jerk. I'm used to it.

No comments:

Blog Archive