Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I don't think I can do this

The data seems inconclusive. I don't agree with the argument I am to present. I'd feel bad leaving my group out to dry, but the weather is bad. I think I'm going to go lay down for a little while, maybe I can collect some thoughts.

Bobo doll experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



“On balance, violent videogames are bad for children”





Facts about videogames



What are children?



What is a videogame?



What constitutes violence?



What are we not talking about?



addiction



Examples of violence



Depict
violence as widespread in medium



Show the accessibility of violence



History of
ESRB



What affects might violence have on children?



Social
learning



Increase aggression



Interactive
aspect (murder simulators?)



Desensitize?



Expert
opinions



Disclaim



Children
and adults are different



Compare to
other media (analogues)



How are videogames assessed
differently from movies?



Compare violent depictions in
analogues



State other
benefits of videogames



Social



Learning



Coordination?



Possible social messages



State other
harms of videogames



Obesity? (more, less, or similar to
television?)



Gender roles?



I love
videogames!



More
research needs to be done






Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Blog Archive