Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Wholesome

I just got out of my journalism class. We shared our media log reflections, which I had posted here last night after finishing it. I felt like such a weirdo. I seemed to have spent a considerable amount more time on mine than my peers did. I got maybe 4 hours of sleep because of it, and some weird dreams when I slept in my car earlier, but I'll get to that. I felt like a total loser reading my paper. I don't listen to music or watch movies or read; it is my socialization. I'm listening to Chocolate Rain and I apologize for my fragmented thoughts. It is so catchy! And fragmented is the only way they come. I cannot claim to feel good about my paper, but it did make them feel bad about their own, embarrassed one even. Certainly not my intention, although they seemed to enjoy it, laughing at comments about being that Don't tase me, bro! guy and my candid reflections of how incredibly unhip I am with my grand total of 22 MySpace friends. I shoved my foot quite forcefully into my mouth when the query what media don't we like was proposed. I started going off about ABC's fall lineup, which is terrible. I wish I hadn't of done that, I thought it was going really well up until that point. I'm not a very competent speaker, even when reading a simple paper I wrote, I tend to stammer and trip, to my embarrassment. I'm even worse when I haven't written anything down. I just spin my tires in the mud, so I don't comment much in class. If the instructor asks me to elaborate, I'm dead in the water. It's easier to blend in.
Given that there was such a consensus that MySpace is the new black perhaps I will add some of the people from my journalism class in as MySpace friends! Because I really have a lot to offer..
In reality, I don't support many Disney products, with perhaps Pixar movies being an exception; although they do pimp those children's toys pretty hard. Shamelessly, in fact. A whole seven years after the last episode of the franchise, although they are offering free shipping. Apparently, they are making a new one. I liked Patrick Warburton as the voice of Buzz Lightyear better than Tim Allen. But what can I do? I am but a lowly consumer whore.

I've put some effort in not attracting attention with my nondescript wardrobe, but today I got pegged as wholesome. Wholesome. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I certainly don't feel wholesome. Kinda sweaty, really. But I am wearing several layers.

"Are you a mormon?" A peer asked. I responded, "My family is." Was that the correct response? I think about things too much.

I can't believe...I made an LOLcats joke when we were discussing in our little group! WHAT HAVE I DONE??!

Oh, you are such a fool, Derek. Such a fool.

I also completely confused the Rock Creek and Capital Center campuses in my head, so I didn't ride the bus like I had planned, but since I had already left my house I got to Sylvannia early and got to catch some Z's. I'll have to make arrangements for next time. Again, supporting the above thesis.

No comments:

Blog Archive