Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dreams and Music

I had weird dreams last night; there was a radio playing for the duration. I had one dream about about a camp for polydactyls, and one participant had 1 finger and 4 thumbs. That was odd, since that isn't polydactylism. All of them were like that to some degree. Perhaps there is a new radio commercial about people needing specific digits to eat a pizza or something. I wouldn't know, because I was asleep. I suppose these sorts of dreams are slightly more desirable than those I had yesterday morning where I dreamt I had gotten out of bed and into the shower, only to awaken a half hour later still in bed.

Anyways, this morning I woke up to this song, which is a nice song. I enjoy it as much as I enjoy anything they play. I'm not usually one for popular music, but I'm not prejudiced against it. I like to imagine the song contains some grain of truth and the pearl is built upon some experience where she actually was asked to write someone a love song, perhaps a boyfriend or just a music executive, and refused.

But she still wrote the song! It just contains the stipulation that it is not a "love song," aside from the title. I don't know, but if I was that dude and got a top 40 song written to/about me, I'd still be pretty happy, even if it wasn't a love song. Especially if I had asked.

I was going to embed a video of the song, but youtube says no. Here.

Love Song (Sara Bareilles song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Blog Archive