Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Friday, January 04, 2008

KHAAAAAAN!!

I'm watching Lois and Clark on dvd right now. It's deliciously campy. There's a pun around every turn! This man, Tony Jay, plays Lex Luthor's butler, an evil Alfred almost. I couldn't place where I heard his voice until I looked him up. I thought he was Shere Khan from The Jungle Book, but he wasn't in the movie. This was disappointing until I figured out I knew him as Shere Khan from TaleSpin, which used the characters from the Jungle Book, which were also used in Robin Hood. Really, Disney just loved to use Phil Harris. Anyways, I was sad to learn that Megabyte died two years ago, on my sister's birthday, no less! That show taught me all I know about how computers work. I'll always remember the time he tried to carve his face into the moon...

Tony Jay

Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Disney loved TJ as well; he played Shere Khan in Jungle Book II, Frollo in Hunchback of Notre Dame and Monsieur D'Arque in Beauty & the Beast. He also did the Magic Mirror Narration in the DVD release of Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs.

Blog Archive