Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Geography of the Internet

This is an old xkcd strip. I disagree with some parts of it, although it is incredibly clever. I'm only mentioning it because it was used as an example (of a map!) in my Human Geography class. I asked the professor if he read the comic regularly, making sure to pronounce "X-K-C-D" clearly and methodically, with special attention paid to the order of the consonants. A particularly nerdy girl, as I have gathered based on a shirt that described bears as The Enemy and overhearing a reference to Snakes of a Plane, seemed to sequel as she heard my mention. But He said no. He said that he had, however, met the author or PBF, which is perhaps more exciting. Apparently, the man is deranged (surprise!). Excellent!



xkcd - A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language - By Randall Munroe

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Blog Archive