Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Post Mortem Photography

Someone sent me this link, supposedly because I'd enjoy it, or something. I find the concept fascinating: propping up still-borns, bending corpses before rigor mortis sets in for one last keepsake. It's no longer common practice, at least I don't imagine it is, making the photos that much more haunting imagining the circumstances that dictated the photographs. Of course post-mortem pictures are still taken, one of Anna Nicole Smith circulates the web, but for an entirely different purpose, the reason viewed the same as the one for which this flickr pool exists. On the brighter side, at least there was no difficulty getting the subjects to remain still for exposure time. Honestly, I couldn't finish the set, I stopped after this one, recoiling back, Dear God!



I apologize for the rambling nature of this post. I've got a bad case of the jibblies now.

Post Mortem Photography - a photoset on Flickr

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Blog Archive