Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Cyber Space


I've been experiencing issues with my laptop spacebar so we'll see. Oh damn it. I was trying to do the auto-correct for "space bar" and I accidentally added it to the internal dictionary. Spacebar no longer has a space. I almost did the same thing with auto-correct, which would have been more pathetic than funny. It seems to have resolved itself for now, like it popped itself back into to place, or something more insidious. Does it bother anyone else profoundly that they have not proven what causes your knuckles to crack? I think I might lose sleep over that, though more likely I'll stay up late to watch Erin Burnett on Meet the Press.

I had planned to get a haircut today. I always hate doing that. When I was little, I somehow convinced my dad that I didn't really need a full haircut, and I really just needed a trim because longer hair would keep my head warm and for some reason, this was vitally important. I don't know why this worked, but it seemed to, although my mom made him take me back. I think it was that moment I discovered my vast potential. I'm really having a hard time motivating myself to go. Also, I've been really disappointed with the quality of my haircuts in the past and suggestions to ask the barber hairstyle technician to style my hair after a particular television character have always been met with failure and embarrassment on my part. I probably deserved that one, and it was a hit show at the time, so who knew it would turn out so badly? Fortunately, I've never had the same person twice (high turnover rate?) so my shame has never had the opportunity to stack. I'm exaggerating a bit. Afterall, I wear a hat.

Sometimes I'm tempted to look at those magazines they have out. Those are there so you can say, hey, I want the page three, right? I never know and I don't want to be the guy to ask. They often appear hopelessly out of date. I have never once seen a pompadour on the cover. What is with that? Although they are always filled with beautifully airbrushed women. I decided years ago when I had to work in HABA that the girls they feature on those hair dye boxes are exceptionally beautiful. Seems like a weird gig though. I mean, do they do burnt sienna color exclusively? Or can they cross over and do raw auburn (rawburn!)? Are their contracts exclusive? These are the things that keep me up at night.

Finally, I would like to direct your attention to this. It seems laughable now, but when the number one website was hamster dance, it made a lot of good points. Good times. Sorta. I would like to point out that there were over 2700 hits to the search I just linked to. The majority of which are the same Avenue Q song cut to Naruto/Teen Titans/Kingdom Hearts/et cetera ad nauseam. I don't want to argue whether Mr. Stoll was right (he was certainly wrong about it catching on), but I hope he recognizes now that the Internet is serious business.

Blog Archive