Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Rolling the Dice

I don't think I get enough traffic to warrant the AP's attention, so I'm using their graphic.

I'm in a computer lab right now. It's a little frustrating because the keyboard is really loud, scripts are disabled, and I'm cantankerous overall. I should just just brought my own laptop, but I was running late because the damn printer wouldn't work and the cat just mewing and I was like...

You get the idea.

In any case, I went to bed unusually early last night, in a sad state of affairs this means 11pm and I was awoken by an BBC report. Today, I've made a point to find this story. It wasn't easy; I had to track through at least five separate pages, including the story with this image which I found a little humourous. Of course, in retrospect, I should have just checked out the health section of Google News, where it is at the top. They didn't test for all STDs, choosing to focus on the most common. The STD rates apparently slide between as much as 50% in some demographics to as low as 20%, which is still 1 in 5. That gives you a higher probability of contracting an STD than capturing Western Australia, depending on how you roll the dice.

Finally, a cute story, to cleanse the pallet. Unfortunately, it reminds me of this horrible, horrible game.

Blog Archive