I don't think Rhode Island is getting enough play today. So I decided to learn more about The Ocean State as a sort of tribute. I found this amusing:
The state motto is Hope!
- State motto: Hope
- State bird: Rhode Island Red (A breed of chicken)
- State flower: Violet
- State tree: Red Maple
- State fish: Striped Bass
- State fruit: Rhode Island greening (Apple)
- State nicknames: The Ocean State, Little Rhody, The Littlest State, The Thirteenth State
- State rock: Cumberlandite
- State mineral: Bowenite (a variety of serpentine)
- State shellfish: Quahog
- State Soil: Narragansett silt loam
- State drink: Coffee Milk
- State song: "Rhode Island, It's For Me"
Rhode Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia