Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Friday, March 07, 2008

White Whale

Technically, it's an orca, so the title of the piece is a little deceptive as Ahab hunted sperm whales. Still pretty neat. My mom decided to decorate one of the family bathrooms with an orca theme and when my sister was like 4 she believed that every body of water contained killer whales, including my waterbed and puddles. Being the ass that I was/am, I used to jump on my bed to torture her, but luckily, "Free Willy" (as she had named it) had a secret tunnel that he could use to swim to my parents' waterbed. She also used to stick orca toys in the sink and fill it with water, thinking it would come alive when submerged. My mom always drained these, and my sister cried. Good times! I've told all these stories about orcas and my family and completely omitted the time we visited Keiko and my mom got a great picture of him and my sisters and his three foot long erect penis.

Wired News - AP News
Fearnbach said the white whale stood out.

"When you first looked at it, it was very white," she said Thursday.

No comments:

Blog Archive