Waffling in THREE dimensions.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Just a Flesh Wound

Food is like a drug to me. I'm addicted, really, I am. When I go without food for too long I start going through withdrawls. My stomach starts to hurt and I get irritable. I take this stuff about 3 or more times a day, depending on how bad the withdrawls are. I gotta get my fix you know. The best part of it is the feeling of euphoria I get my stuff. I call it being "full". Oh man, the trips. Its like my mouth is going on an adventure. Its better than tv or videogames really. Its amazing. I can't believe this stuff is legal. Suck it, FDA. It really is the best part of my day, getting loaded on this junk.
What really is starting to bother me about Katrina is the first amendment violations. Namely the freedom of press. The Bill of Rights should always have priority over public "safety". Always. The individual safety of the chief rights (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happyness) should be protected above all else; without the individual there is no group. The prevention of the media from doing things like photographing the dead, displaying conditions inside the superdome, and various other reporting (gasp! why would they do such a thing) is horrific. I'm ashamed of our nation and our government. I can understand the not photographing the dead as a violation of privacy, but I'm sure they would have consented seeing as exposing the horrors of the tragedy that lead to their demise could help prevent future disasters. The hurricane was not the disaster of New Orleans, the inadequate "response" and void prevention of the breach of the levees, and their subsequent rupture, were. I hope Bush's good friend Jesus, slaps him for it. Jesus rocks like that.
Kill skuls.
Which brings me to my primary hate of this campus, aside for the stench of sewage that comes with ever other shift in the wind in certain areas. The homogenized student population. I don't feel that I am a cookie-cutter mormon. My sister is though. What a tool. Anyways, my observations so far, and I admit they do not represent a valid cross-section of student population, include a few things. I just said very little with very many words. I should become a syndicated columnist. I don't seem to jive with these people, I need to find some rebels. I hate country music, bandwagon patriotism, and the executive branch. I do like star gazing, going on long walks, and mountain dew. I really really really HATE decaffinated mountain dew. It scours my soul to think of the abomination. I also am not liking my randomly selecting cursor right now, but one thing at a time.

3 comments:

Waffles said...

I do.

Anonymous said...

Life liberty and the persute of happyness should never obtain a precident over public safty. Thats why its unlawful to shout fire in a crowed building. Beacuse some ones liberty or prusuit of happyness can not encroch upon some one elses right to LIFE, liberty and prusuit of happyness. Just stick with the math my friend you half ass attempts at political commentary just dont hold up under even the most rudamentary intelectual examination.

Waffles said...

You spelled intellectual wrong. Dumbass.

Blog Archive